Amento Group is seeking an Engineer-in-Training (civil with structural emphasis). Amento Group is a unique organization that brings together professional Architects (both new and experienced) alongside seasoned Construction Managers and Structural Engineers to provide a holistic solution to Building Enclosure Design and Remediation. An Engineer-in-Training with Amento Group will develop valuable engineering skills while gaining both on-site and professional design experience. You will have the opportunity to collaborate on a variety of project types with experienced professionals representing multiple aspects of the construction industry and will be rewarded with unique and valuable insight into the realm of Building Enclosures.
At Amento Group we enjoy a fun, casual, and healthy office environment. The ideal candidate will have a strong collaborative attitude and motivation to learn. As opportunities arise, you will work with other members of the Amento Group team. Your initial duties and responsibilities would include a variety of tasks, such as:
- Work with and support our Senior Structural Engineer on various projects.
- Perform structural analysis and prepare structural computations for building elements on projects including repair and rehabilitation, and capacity evaluation in support of litigation.
- Preparation of structural drawings, structural details, and other documents incorporated into Architectural documents and for independent structural projects.
- Participate and assist with forensic investigations, property condition assessments, and report preparation on residential and commercial properties.
- Assist Construction Managers and Field Technicians with forensic testing, observations, and report writing.
- Preparation of preliminary repair scopes for planning and budgeting purposes.
Minimum Required Structural Design Courses:
- Timber design.
- Reinforced concrete design.
- Structural steel design.
- Foundation design.
- Seismic design.
- Masonry & Prestressed concrete design would be a bonus.
Amento Group fosters professional intern development/IDP through mentorship and a variety of on-the-job experiences. Our excellent benefits package includes competitive compensation, a bonus program, medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, and paid personal time off, as well as a commuter discount. Our office is in the Historic Dexter Horton Building near Pioneer Square in Downtown Seattle.
Should you see yourself as a great addition to our team, we look forward to hearing from you! Please send us your cover letter and resume through the form below.